Adirondack Adventure for Every Season
Ski and snowboard at Whiteface Mountain, visit the Lake Placid Olympic Jumping Complex or the bobsled run at Mt. Van Hoevenberg, paddle the Saranac Lakes, or take a leisurely stroll in Downtown Saranac Lake – and at the end of a long day, return to Gauthier's Saranac Lake Inn to relax in an Adirondack chair while taking in an evening sunset or watch the falling snow from the comfort of one of our eco-conscience rooms. In the Adirondacks, there's adventure for every season right at your finger tips! Saranac Lake is a perfect jump off point to meet all of your Adirondack vacation needs.
Weddings, Parties and Private Events
Saranac Lake Inn works closely with many of the Adirondack Venue sites for events and weddings. We welcome your guests to stay with us and will happily provide your itinerary information as well as your welcome bags and gifts upon arrival. If you are interested in area venues or are in need of a wedding coordinator or event planner we highly recommend VanBee & Co's Boutique Event Planning services.
Lake Placid and Saranac Lake Events
Spring, summer, and autumn in the Adirondacks makes for a busy schedule of varying events. Whether you're in Lake Placid or Saranac Lake, there's always something to do in the heart of the Adirondacks! From summer into fall, participate or simply be a spectator in the wide array of events including:
- Ironman Lake Placid Triathlon, July
- Lake Placid Blues and Heritage Festival, June
- I Love NY Horse Shows/Lake Placid Horse Shows for 3 weeks in June/July
- CAN/AM Rugby Tournament Saranac Lake July/August
- Round the Mountain canoe and kayak race
- Lake Placid Summit Lacrosse Tournament, August
- Tandem bike rally June kick of point in Saranac Lake
- Lake Placid-I Love NY Barbecue Festival, July
- Saranac Lake 4th of July hoopla including tons of fireworks, dining specials, boat shows, and the Mayors Cup
- 90-Miler Canoe Race, September
- Thursday Art walks in Saranac Lake
- Outdoor movies in Downtown Saranac Lake
- Lake Placid Marathon and 1/2 Marathon, June and September
- Cycle The Adirondacks bike tour, August
- Farm 2 Fork Festival Saranac Lake, September
- Chef's and Farmers Foodie Festival, Saranac Lake in September
- Flaming Leaves festival at the Ski Jumps, October
- Lake Placid Bluegrass Festival, October
- October-Fest at Whiteface Mountain
When winter sets in, enjoy Saranac Lake Inn's plethora of amenities alongside our Saranac Lake hotel's incredible proximity for outdoor recreation. Ski or ride the biggest vertical drop in the East at Whiteface Mountain Lake Placid and enjoy apres events afterward. Grab a meal at a local restaurant, such as locally-sourced foods at Eat N' Meet Grill, and don't miss the Saranac Lake Winter Carnival, ranked number 1 on National Geographic's list of top 10 Winter Carnivals worldwide and one of the oldest festivals of its kind in the Eastern United States! Winter Carnival features live performances, a parade, fireworks, the eye-beholding handmade Ice Palace, and more!
Still looking for things to do and what's close? Visit our What To do page for more suggestions and helpful Adirondack vacation planning tips!