So much to do in Saranac Lake
One of the questions we are often asked on the phone prior to arrival is what's close to the Inn, along with what to do in Saranac Lake and around the area while staying with us. Here, we made a list of all things FUN and close to help make your travel plans a bit easier. Check our our Events page for a list of local events and on-goings during your stay. While visiting, you'll never need to ask what to do in Saranac Lake and the Adirondacks, you'll ask what's next!
What to eat? Saranac Lake dining
With in steps from the Inn you will find:
- Breakfast and Lunch served at McKenzie's Grill
- Dinner and lunch specials at the famous Casa De Sol
- Micro-brew and wood fired pizzas at Blue Line Brewery
- Coffee served at various locations
- Asian and Sushi buffet
- Italian dining at La Bella
- 2 grocery stores within walking distance
- Adirondack Wine and Liquor next door
- Pizza options
- Fast food
Within a 1/2 mile walk along the lake:
- Fusion Market- Coffee, Breakfast and Lunch
- Soft serve Ice cream at Mountain Mist (you can paddle there in our kayaks too)
- Lake View Deli - Breakfast - Lunch
- Seasonal Farmers Markets on Tuesday and Saturday June-October with great food, entertainment, and goodies!
Within 3/4 mile walk along the lake:
- Downhill Grill Main Street for bar food, live music, and great beers
- Blue Moon Cafe serves food all day on the sustainable side
- Fiddlehead Bistro - Gourmet Dining
- The Left Bank french cafe and dining
- Little Italy Pizza and Italian
- Get down, get down! Plenty of bars and night life action
- Free Parking offered townwide
What to do in Saranac Lake and Lake Placid?
Adirondack recreation and attractions
You're certain to find plenty of things to do in Saranac Lake, Lake Placid, and the High Peaks Region! Below we have included some suggestions with distances to help. Now all that's left is staying long enough to fit in all of the fun!
- Lake Placid Main Street for more shopping, dining, Mirror Lake Beach, and entertainment. 6 miles
- Lake Colby Public Beach. 1.5 miles.
- Olympic Sports Museum and 1932/1980 Skating rinks. 7 miles
- Whiteface Mountain for skiing and boarding, along with summer mountain biking, scenic gondola rides and castle tours. 18 miles
- Saranac Chain Lakes for over 30 miles of boating and fun on the water. 25 feet from your door.
- Ice Palace for Saranac Lake Winter Carnival. 1/4 Mile walk.
- Downtown Saranac Lake shopping, dining, parades, and strolls. 3/4 mile walk.
- The Wild Center Natural History Museum in Tupper Lake. 20 minute drive.
- Olympic Ski Jumps for winter entertainment like World Cup competitions and summer fun on Saturday's and Wednesdays. 7 miles.
- IronMan Start. 6 miles.
- A shuttle also runs between Saranac Lake and Lake Placid 4 times a day in addition to the Cascade Route.
- Snowshoe with our available pairs. 10 feet from your door.
- Saranac Lake Visitors Center. 1/2 mile walk.
- Baker Mountain, Ampersand Mountain, St. Regis, McKenzie Mountain, and Scarface Mountain for Adirondack hiking. Just minutes, either walk or drive.
- Mount Pisgah for snow tubing and light skiing, also open at night! 5 minute drive.
- Jack Rabbit Trail. Across the street.
- Outdoor movies in Berkley Green, select Fridays. 1 mile.
- Dewey Mountain for x-country ski trails and mountain bike trails. 3 minute drive.
- Tuesday and Saturday Farmer's Markets June- October Riverside Park, Saranac Lake and LPCA on Wednesdays.
- Lake Placid center for the Arts featuring plays, movies, and performances. 6 miles.
- Pendragon Theater for Live performances. 1/2 mile.
- Blu-Seed Studios for art openings, live music, and entertainment. 1.5 miles.
- Bike the Adirondacks with our selection of bicycles. Right outside your door.
- Art district and galleries. 1 mile.
- Saranac Lake Adirondack Themed Indoor Carousel.